About the Position:
The Systems Engineer is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of server hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure and ensures that all systems, applications, and related procedures adhere to organizational guidelines.
Skills and Experience Preferred:
- 5+ years of enterprise level system administration experience required.
- Experience with administration and support of Microsoft workstation and server OS’s, Office 365, Firewalling, Networking, SEIM, and FIM technologies.
- Experience with Splunk, Cisco Nexus/UCS/Firepower and assoc. certifications (CCNA, etc.) preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Responsible for configuration and maintenance of all technological aspects of the Organization. This includes implementation configuration, coordination, control, maintenance, troubleshooting, security, usage monitoring, and the development of specialized procedures relating to the use of the server and software environment within the organization.
- Be the primary point of contact for escalation (Tier II) from Tier I personnel for both end user and production systems.
- Participates in on call rotation.
- Research, Plan, & Lead the development and implementation of systems for upgrades and overall improvement needs.
- Monitor reliability of the server infrastructure and operating systems on multiple platforms.
This position is based in our Cambridge, MA office.
Occasional travel required.
How to apply:
If you’re looking to take responsibility, make a difference, stretch your skills and learn new things, please send a letter of interest and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
ROI is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.