Database Administrator I
About the position:
Do you know how to identify a hot block in the buffer cache? Does your idea of fashion include the latest in latch cache buffer chains? Do application programmers make your teeth itch?
If so you might be what we’re looking for. ROI needs a motivated database administrator with mid-level Oracle DBA experience, to join a small team of over-achievers and help us push our product to the next level. Think cloud, think warehouse, maybe even think about expansion (gulp) beyond Oracle. We guarantee it’ll be a ride, so strap in.
We are always striving for excellence and fully embrace coding best practice recommendations. If you’re looking to do the same thing every day, we don’t. But if you’re looking to take responsibility, to make a difference, to stretch your skills and learn new things, to build the best software product the non-profit data service industry has ever seen, you should talk to us.
ROI provides a stable and secure work environment, allowing us to plan, focus on and complete quality projects.
- Minimum of 5+ years hands-on recent Oracle DBA experience.
- Oracle version 12C and 19C experience.
- Relational database design experience.
- RMAN experience.
- Familiarity with PL/SQL, Java and other programming languages.
- Windows and Linux platforms.
- Oracle/AWS migration experience preferred.
- Cloud Control 13.2 or higher preferred.
- CRM experience preferred.
- Ability to install, upgrade and patch Oracle and related tools in a Windows and Linux environment.
- Windows Powershell and Linux shell scripting experience.
- Provides DBA support for both production and development Oracle databases.
- Excellent database troubleshooting.
- SQL statement tuning expertise.
- Backup and recovery using RMAN.
- Works collaboratively with development and system administration teams.
- Monitor and optimize Oracle database performance.
- Familiarity with PL/SQL and other programming languages.
- Ability to setup and modify Cloud Control alerts.
- Ability to setup, modify and respond to Cloud Control incident reports.
- Adheres to Oracle best practice recommendations.
- Participates in 24/7 on-call pager rotation.
- Detailed and results oriented.
- Highly collaborative and a creative thinker.
- Ability to successfully interface with development and system administration teams.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, communication and time management skills.
- Ability to engage with and influence others; build consensus for proposed solutions.
- Keeps informed of Oracle database and PL/SQL improvements.
- Willingness to embrace new technologies.
How to Apply:
If you’re looking to take responsibility, make a difference, stretch your skills and learn new things, please send a letter of interest and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
ROI is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.